- Appointments using general anesthesia require an empty stomach. Please refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in rescheduling your appointment.
- Please bring a responsible driver to stay in the office while you undergo your procedure, drive you home, and stay with you after the procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- A legal guardian MUST accompany minors, or surgery will not be performed.
- Bite down gently but firmly on the gauze for 30 to 45 minutes. Some oozing may occur for the next 2 to 3 hours.
- Start with clear liquids for the first few hours working your way to soft, cool diet. Products such as Jello, pudding, yogurt, shakes, and smoothies are ideal. Avoid using straws.
- Avoid brushing of the extraction site for 12 hours after surgery
- Either use prescribed mouth rinse if given, or alternatively, use a salt water rinse [1/4 teaspoon in 8oz. water] two to three times daily.
- Swelling is not uncommon; apply cold packs to affected area, 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off during the first 48 hours. After the first 48 hours, you may apply warm, moist compresses to the skin for 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off.